Welcome to the Human Resources Department
At Assistance Plus our mission is to be the agency of choice in the state of Maine. Our dedicated and hardworking employees help us in achieving this mission. Assistance Plus is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Search all open career opportunities and fill out the on-line application. Please make sure to fill in all fields and remember to hit the submit button for completion.
Full-Time Positions- Adult Case Manager
Assistance Plus is currently seeking a full-time adult case manager to work in the Topsham, Bowdoinham, Brunswick and surrounding areas. We offer competitive wages and benefits and the chance to work with a multi-site mental health provider who’s been serving our communities for more than 20 years. As a member of our team you will be required to:
• Develop and implement an individualized service plan according to the consumers needs • Complete thorough and timely assessments; such as, a Mental Health Assessment, LOCUS, CRISIS plans and all other required paperwork • Assist the consumer with developing coping skills that will help eliminate daily barriers • Assist and support the consumer with accessing resources (housing, medical, financial, transportation, vocational, etc) • Provide financial mentoring to consumers • Assist and support the consumers to become empowered in making healthy decisions • Advocate for consumer rights • Coordinate and monitor consumer services • Maintain a caseload as assigned by supervisor and meet productivity expectations • Work effectively with all members involved in consumer care to include but not limited to; our Clinical director, Program manager and Team leader
Job Requirements • Certified as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician- Community (MHRT/C) or a MHRT/CP and independently obtains the required classes. • Must have a valid drivers license • Experience in the field is preferred but not required • Reliable transportation • Maintains strong boundaries and a high level of professionalism • Attendance and participation at monthly supervision and trainings. • Ability to think independently and make decisions • Compliance with agency, state and federal guidelines • Working conditions: office, community and consumer residences • 100K/300K automobile liability insurance
Assistance Plus offers flexible, competitive compensation and benefits.
Part-time to Full-Time Habilitation Specialist 2
Section 28 ~ Children’s Services
The Habilitation Specialist 2 develops individual treatment plans, which meet the specific needs of children while working collaboratively with families and other service providers to supervise the implementation of this plan. He/She also supervises mental health employees who are responsible for implementing the individual treatment plans. This position will start as a part-time hourly position and will transition to a full time salaried position covering Androscoggin County and some areas of Kennebec and Franklin Counties.
- Masters or Bachelors in a human services related field, and two years relevant experience working with children with disabilities
- Any licensure must be current and meet State of Maine mandates.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Knowledge or ability to participate and practice a philosophy to care as set forth by the agencies Clinical Director.
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate services with other treatment providers.
- Ability to supervise direct care staff to ensure client needs as related to hours are being filled and a standard of care set forth by the agency are being met.
- Conduct interviews in a professional manner to seek direct care employees to carry out the plan of care developed by the HS2 and/or plan managers.
- Some knowledge/experience in following through with progressive disciplinary action protocol to ensure that in home support worker/HS1 continues to maintain professional treatment with client.
- Participate and schedule 1:1 supervision with clinician as set for in Maine care regulations.
- On- call responsibilities are a must with phone provided by agency. On-call hours will required between the hours of 6:30 am to 8:30pm 7 days a week with the exception of vacation days requested and approved by the Program Manager.
- Valid Maine driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance at 100 / 300K level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with a variety of professionals and maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to be flexible and perform calmly and thoughtfully under stressful conditions
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possess excellent organizational skills and handle multiple tasks
- Licensed Social Workers are encouraged to apply
State and Agency Mandated Trainings:
|Timeline For Completion|
|Mandt, CPR, First Aid||90 days from date of hire|
|All other trainings||As directed by Management|
The Habilitation Specialist 2 reports to the Clinical Director for all clinical aspects of their caseloads and to the Program Manager for personnel and administrative issues.
Performance responsibilities and standards
- Advocates and works in a capacity, which will ensure client and/or program needs are met at all times, which will include evening hours.
- Oversees programs involving direct treatment, develops and monitors individual treatment plans, and ensuring that in home support services are being implemented according to budget approval.
- Provides supervision of MH employees’ program implementation, including on-site supervision of MH employees to ensure that clients receive appropriate, quality care, which meets established standards.
- Make sure all required paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attends all Assistance Plus meetings, trainings, and seminars which ensure current practice and theory are being delivered to all clients on caseload.
- Adheres to all State regulations, policies, and contract parameters.
- All other duties assigned by BHS Clinical Director and Program Manager
Behavioral Heath Support Staff
Current positions available in : Waterville, China, Vassalboro, Belfast, Lewiston, Auburn, Richmond, Augusta, Readfield, Winthrop, Brunswick, Wiscasset, Waldoboro, Camden, Rockland, Skowhegan, Clinton, Freeport, Edgecomb, Pittsfield, Palmyra, Farmington and Dixfield to assist adult with mental health diagnoses with in-home and community support. A high school diploma/GED is required for this position. MHRT-1 or MHRT/C preferred, however the Agency will provide the required trainings for uncertified employees.
If a caring and supportive environment appeals to you, apply today!
“These per-diem positions are a wonderful opportunity for anyone to supplement their income.”
Current openings in our Children’s Behavioral Health Program for the areas of Newport, Penobscot and Lewiston. Must hold full or conditional licensure as an LCSW, LCPC. Clinicians will develop service plans which will meet the specific needs of children. He/She will work collaboratively with family and the Behavioral Health Professionals to supervise the implementation of this plan.
Behavioral Health Professionals-Section 65
Current positions are located in areas of Penobscot, Newport, Skowhegan and Lewiston to provide in-home and community support to children in who have diagnoses of Autism or PDD. BHP’s must have hold a Bachelor’s degree. Experience preferred. The Agency will provide the required trainings and the BHP course.
Behavioral Health Professionals-Section 28
Current Positions available in the areas of Albion, Auburn, Benton, Bowdoinham, Damariscotta, Fairfield, Farmingdale, Freedom, Lamoine, Palermo, Rumford and Waterville, Turner and to provide in-home and community support to children with cognitive disabilities. A high school diploma or GED is required. Experience preferred, however the Agency will provide the required trainings and he BHP course.
Personal Support Specialists
Current openings in the areas of Oakland, Madison, Bangor, Skowhegan, Mercer, Augusta, Chelsea, Gardiner, Canaan, China, Belgrade, Wilton, Bingham, Somerville, Wiscasset, Hallowell, Litchfield, Rockland, Pittsfield, Waterville, Newport,Hartland, Bath, Brunswick, Rockland, Hudson, Sanford, Bath, Winthrop, Brewer, Old Town, Guilford and Belfast.